Sibley Chorale Book (anonymous, c.1735, near Dresden)
- Provenance: likely one of J. S. Bach’s students in Dresden (c.1730–40)
- (M2138 .B118C in Sibley Music Library Rare Books, Eastman School of Music in Rochester, NY)
- Modern edition: Realizing Thoroughbass Chorales in the Circle of J. S. Bach, ed. Derek Remeš, vol. 2 (Colfax, NC: Wayne Leupold Editions, 2019).
- Facsimile (in 3 parts)
Kittel, J. C.: “Generalbass Schule” (complete facsimile)
- Kittel studied with J. S. Bach (1748–50).
- Scribe: J. C. H. Rinck (Kittel’s pupil)
- Date: Rinck’s period of study with Kittel (1786–89)
- US-NH, LM 3911, ma21y11k652
- Transcription and translation of pp. 1–49 (coming soon)
- Contains basses from the section on “Fantasy” in C. P. E. Bach’s treatise (see bookmarks in the file in the above link)