Here is a list of errata in my two-volume book, Realizing Thoroughbass Chorales in the Circle of J. S. Bach (Wayne Leupold Editions, 2019). Please inform me via email if you discover any more. I sincerely apologize for the errors, which will certainly be corrected, should there ever be a second edition. Purchase the set for $99
Errata in Vol. 1
- Page 8, Example 5 – 2-voice chords have 1 interval (not two, as is stated).
- Page 36, No. 14, measure 5, beat 4 should not have “6/5”; there should be no figure.
- Page 41, No. 4: the staves in each system should be labelled (a), (b), and (c), rather than [blank], (a), and (b).
- Page 43, No. 6 – the staves in each system should be labelled (a), (b), (c), and (d), rather than [blank], [blank], (b), and (c)
- Page 55, No. 8, measure 14, beat 1, top staff: stem should face upwards.
- Page 61, No. 6, measure 13 should read “unavoidable direct octaves.”
Errata in Vol. 2
- Page 11, Chorale 9, measure 10: there is a sharp (#) in the figured bass.
- Page 101, Chorale 167, third full measure: both figures should be correctly aligned.
- Page 102, Chorale 169, measure 2, beat 3: (#) should be omitted; it is an editorial error.
- Page 102, Chorale 169, measure 3, beat 3: the c# in the chorale should be shown with: (#5).
- Page 115, Chorale 195, measure 4: the single asterisk should be a double asterisk.
- Page 116, top system on page (Chorale 195), measure 3: the single asterisk should be a double asterisk.
- Page 117, Chorale 198, system 2, measure 3: the 4 can in fact be prepared.
- Page 129, Chorale 222: the stems in the bassline should all point downward, as per the editorial guidelines, which are intended to leave space for written-out inner voices.